All products are lovingly handmade and the materials used are fragile. Please note the following information when caring for your lampshade.
General care instructions are to dust the lampshades lightly with a clean, dry cloth, and ensure you turn off the light at the mains first! Material specific instructions are as follows:
- Keep velvet and silk out of strong sunlight as this can cause the fabric to fade
- Clean any marks from cotton or silk by lightly rubbing with a sponge or brush
- To clean velvet use a soft bristle or clothes brush, ensuring you brush in the direction of the nap of the fabric
- Dry silk away from the sun or direct heat
- Wipe the wallpaper with a clean, dry cloth to remove any dust
- Dampen a clean cloth or sponge with water and wipe the wallpaper gently, don’t use any hard scrubbing pads
- Wipe the surface of the wallpaper from the bottom to the top, following the direction of any vertical seams
Metallic lining scratches easily so please avoid touching the inner lining if possible. If a mark does occur, lay the lampshade on a hard, flat surface and gently rub the mark with a clean and dry non-abrasive soft cloth, being careful not to lean on the structure of the shade.
Please note: all lampshades are handmade so slight variations in the positioning of fabric or wallpaper pattern may occur.